Visit the archives
The STAT Archives functions as a reference library, and all STAT members and researchers of the Alexander Technique are welcome to visit. However, we do not have special facilities for readers, so visits have to be scheduled in such a way so as not to disturb the day-to-day business of STAT. Please note that it is not possible to borrow any items, nor is it possible for us to supply photocopies.
To arrange a visit
To arrange a visit please email the archivist with details of of the items which you wish to see. The archivist is only at the office about four hours a week, so booking in advance is necessary.
The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique
1st Floor, Linton House
39-51 Highgate Road
London NW5 1RS
Telephone: 020 7482 5135
Fax: 020 7482 5435
To see the location of STAT's office on a Google map click here.
Please observe the following rules for readers
- Appointments to consult documents must be made in advance with the Archivist. Not all material is available for study, and in some cases the prior permission of the donors/depositors is required. (See "access type" in the record card.)
- Readers are responsible for documents issued to them. Documents may not under any circumstances be removed from the STAT office.
- Documents must be handled with care and kept in their correct order. They may not be marked in any way.
- Laptops are welcome but not scanners or scanner pens.
- Readers may not drink, eat, chew or smoke while handling documents.
- Some material may contain information of a private and sensitive nature relating to individuals. Access may be restricted and photocopying may not be possible. In some cases it will be provided at the discretion of the Archivist.
Please contact the archivist: email archivist.